Saturday, May 7, 2011

Salad Saturday - Sweet Potato & Pear Side

Here's a quick, yummy side we tried this last week:


Sweet Potatoes and Bartlett Pears

Just cut up sweet potatoes and Bartlett pears (or any other kind of pear that you enjoy). Cover them with a bit of olive oil and seasoning of your choice - I used a dash of cloves and a bit of cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar was necessary too. Then bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. 

This was the perfect side for basic grilled chicken and, BONUS, it's one of the best veggies for you because it has tons of both vitamin a and e and other good things. I usually cut up a few red potatoes and bake them for a bit, but after reading how nutritious sweet potatoes are for you, I think I might make a switch. The pears added a sweet taste to the mix too.

I think Mr. Motion will like this one in a few months!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... carotene!

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment