Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Epic Day

Yesterday was one of those days that only comes around once in a while.

It wasn't a perfect day. Landon didn't take one of his naps, his schedule was off, et cetera - but it was as close to a perfect day as I've had in a long time. We'll call it 'an epic day'. 

To start things off, I put a chunk of corned beef in the crock pot. I always grew up having it only on March 17th so this was a fun little dinner mix-up. The RECIPE came from allrecipes.com and was absolutely amazing! I'd never had corned beef and apples before and it definitely didn't disappoint.


I added small chunks of potatoes and apples, that's what you see bobbing around in the crock pot.

In addition, while blog browsing, I read a tutorial on no-sew fabric flowers at Ruffles and Stuff and really wanted to try it out! Here's what came out of that little adventure:

They were really fun and easy to make. 

I even added a little blue flower and a ruffle to a onsie to bring as a gift to a baby shower I'm going to this weekend.

All in all a good day!

(Which made today harder to live up to... but joy-filled all the same!)

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment