Saturday, May 14, 2011

Salad Saturday - Peanut Butter Banana Bread

 I hate bananas. In general, I really dislike fruit. One of my bestest friends calls me a 'fruit freak' because I really cringe a little when I see an orange, kiwi, or watermelon... I have my annual banana and move on with my life.

For some reason, about a month ago, we had an overabundance of bananas at our house (hubby likes to eat one a day - such a good example). So, I thought I'd bite the bullet and make some banana bread before they all went bad. I normally wouldn't mind wasting a little fruit, but I was in a productive mood (a mood I want to cultivate as much as possible).

While searching around on All Recipes I found a recipe that looked amazing! It includes peanut butter, one of my all time favorites! The recipe is HERE.

Justin decided to play football with it before we ate it.

I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I only had creamy peanut butter. We've had it with chunky too, but ended up enjoying it more with the creamy.


Anyway, it was super yummy and didn't taste like bananas - the peanut butter taste completely took over the bread! Yippee! :)

Looking forward to making this for Landon later, especially if he inherited my aversion to fruit.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment