Monday, May 16, 2011

Pancakes Every Day

Ahhhh... I just absolutely adore pancakes.


I honestly think that they are one of the best food ever invented. You can add anything you want to them and they will (probably) still taste good. I've been experimenting with different things to add and I have a few favorites so far:
  1. Pumpkin Spice - I just add some pumpkin puree and a bunch of different spices like cinnamon and cloves... and ginger sometimes too.
  2. Apple Cinnamon - Slicing the apples really thin does the trick for me! I don't like apple chunks in them so thin slices end up in these pancakes with a dash or two (or three!) of cinnamon.
  3. Blueberry... yup, that's about it. I just add frozen blueberries. :) This makes me feel super-duper healthy, of course.
I'm feeling a bit too lazy to get up and grab the recipe right now but I will mention that I get it from a fabulous cookbook that we got for our wedding. It's from William-Sanoma... the title escapes me right now but I'll share that later too. 

I will leave you with a picture of our Saturday morning breakfast a few weeks ago though...


It was absolutely delightful!

Makes me wish it were Saturday morning right now...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, pancakes!

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment