Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Daughter-in-Law Day!

I am so completely excited about today!
Did you know that it's Daughter-in-Law Day?!?!?!

Well, I didn't either.

Landon had just gone down for his afternoon nap when I heard a loud banging on the door. I went over to see who it was and spied a Fed-Ex hat through the peep hole. Package! I opened the door and the guy was holding an extremely large box. The kind that makes you think either, "Is it my birthday?" or "Bummer. He knocked on the wrong door...". But, it really was for us. And not just us, but for me!!!

I was trying to tell Mr. Fed-Ex Man that it couldn't possibly be for us since we hadn't ordered anything that big. (The last thing I ordered was a free sample of Garnier Fructis shampoo from Target. No joke, check out the Sample Spot - it's awesome.) He said that it could be a gift - a gift, for me?!

I got the big box inside and saw the sewing machine picture on the side and went to start texting a bunch of suspects to see if they had sent this mysterious gift... but saw the "A Gift for You" tag first. I opened it and it read:
Happy Daughter-in-Law Day!
You are a blessing!
Love, Mom and Dad

And that is how I learned that it is Daughter-in-Law Day*!

Isn't it beautiful?!

Off to learn how to thread a bobbin...

Mary

* I suppose it's not the official Daughter-in-Law Day, but for the purpose of the story, and because of the sweet little note, we'll make it official. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment