Monday, October 24, 2011

Landon's Birthday (... a month ago)

So, apparently, I'm super-duper distracted and can't seem to keep up a blog.

Boo.

Moving on though...

Landon's 1st birthday party was absolutely amazing! We had it in the cabana room at our condo complex (since our place wasn't going to hold more than 10 people :) and had a cookies and milk theme. The only reason this theme was pulled off was because of my mom and mother-in-law, Debbie. No way I could have done done it without them! They were busy making cookies, taking care of Landon, making a cake, and making sure I didn't go crazy. Amazing moms I have! :)

With Grandma LaPlante

With Momo 

I made the invitations on Picnik after looking at some examples online.
Here they are:

We ended up making 7 different kinds of cookies ('cause we're crazy like that) and have some Oreos and Chewy Chips Ahoy too. Grandma L made her famous Chocolate Chip cookies, Momo made Apple Pennies, Auntie Lauren made Funfetti Cookies (on sticks!) and we all chipped in with the rest.


The little guy decided not to take his second nap that day, despite the fact I had gotten him up extra early so we could fit in 2 naps. So, he was a little bit tired at first and wasn't quite sure what to do with the cake. Then he got eating and really went to town. The sugar helped a bit and he was up and running in no time.


It was so great having our friends and family there to celebrate Landon's birthday with us. I can't believe it's been a year! (And one month!) I can't wait for the next, and the next, and the next...

Happy 13 months, Little Man!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

Ooooh, also, check out this amazing video my sister-in-law, Lauren made of Landon's birthday:



No comments:

Post a Comment