Friday, July 15, 2011

If They Don't Win It's a Shame...

About a month ago, Landon and I went on a tour of Safeco Field in Seattle.  We got to go with a bunch of 4th grade students from a local elementary school, which made the trip even more fun! All of the kids from school thought Landon was just great and he thought the same of them.

I wanted Landon to look like a Mariner's fan for his first trip to a big baseball stadium. His Aunt Katie and Uncle Ben gave him these super cute Mariner's onsies when he was born (since Uncle Ben is a huge Mariner's fan!), but they don't fit the little guy anymore.
Here he is way back in December! (So small!)

So, instead of going out and buying new baseball-themed onsies or a shirt, I just cut up one of his old ones and added it to a sweatshirt that that fits him now. :)


It was a lot of fun "re-creating" a few of his shirts so he could wear something new...


I cut out some baseballs, mitts, and stars and super glued them (pre-sewing machine) to the blue sweatshirt. Next, I added a few stitches around them to make them stay on a little better. I don't have a good picture of the back of the sweatshirt, but I cut out the Mariner's moose and added it there. Finally, I added some thread on the sleeves near his wrists to give it a little more character.


We had a lot of fun exploring! Next step: Going to a real game!

Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment